Friday, March 4, 2016

Some Positive in the Midst of So Much Negative


Kind words heal and help; cutting words wound and maim. Proverbs 15:4 (The Message)

I’ve been on a words kick recently and I thought after so much hot air and disrespectful hammering last night at the debate we needed and the universe needed to hear some kind, loving and respectful words so here are some quotes to help balance the cosmos:

A person's a person, no matter how small. – Dr. Seuss

I'm not concerned with your liking or disliking me... All I ask is that you respect me as a human being. – Jackie Robinson

One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.  – Bryant H. McGill

This world of ours... must avoid becoming a community of dreadful fear and hate, and be, instead, a proud confederation of mutual trust and respect. – Dwight D. Eisenhower

We don't need to share the same opinions as others, but we need to be respectful. – Taylor Swift

Respect is what we owe; love, what we give. – Philip James Bailey

I firmly believe that respect is a lot more important, and a lot greater, than popularity.  – Julius Erving

Let every man be respected as an individual and no man idolized.  – Albert Einstein

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.  – Dalai Lama

Work hard, be kind, and amazing things will happen.  – Conan O'Brien

It's not our job to play judge and jury, to determine who is worthy of our kindness and who is not. We just need to be kind, unconditionally and without ulterior motive, even - or rather, especially - when we'd prefer not to be.  – Josh Radnor

Be kind, don't judge, and have respect for others. If we can all do this, the world would be a better place. The point is to teach this to the next generation.  – Jasmine Guinness

I think our culture encourages all of us to always put our best foot forward. I think it's a good thing. I think it's nice to rise to the occasion, to be kind and considerate, and have self control.  – Amy Grant

When you are kind to someone in trouble, you hope they'll remember and be kind to someone else. And it'll become like a wildfire.  – Whoopi Goldberg

If we don't plant the right things, we will reap the wrong things. It goes without saying. And you don't have to be, you know, a brilliant biochemist and you don't have to have an IQ of 150. Just common sense tells you to be kind, ninny, fool. Be kind.  – Maya Angelou

I found these on the site http://www.brainyquote.com/ where there are thousands more.

Dear God, help me to have basic respect for others, all others. Help me to be kind. Help me to remember that how I treat others says more about me then anything I can say about myself. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment